Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 15 - Oriental to Adams Creek (6.8 nm, 1:42 hours)

Up at 6:30am.  To The Bean for coffee at 7. Decided, reluctantly, to leave for Beaufort since:
1. Wind was heading the direction I wanted to go
2. I had purchased extra tow insurance and Deatons is a Boat US Tow unit
3. I'd be back right when the new pump was scheduled for delivery, and
4. The leak was no worse than before
So off I went!
Broad reached from Oriental to Adams Creek. Ran engine a total of about 3 minutes all day.  What a welcome change.  Wind started out at 10 and built to 25.  Left at 9am and was at anchor (in Cedar Creek) at 11am.  I stopped early because I was still nervous about getting into Beaufort at just the right time to deal with the strong tidal currents. Light rain started about 6:30pm.  Set up the bimini (several days too late) and cleaned the inside of the boat.  Tomorrow - Beaufort!!

Never saw a workboat like this before.  Not sure what he was fishing for.


No comments:

Post a Comment